Applications for the 2015 Innovation Tank are now open. Read on for more information on the application process.
The second annual Innovation Tank will feature a panel of business-savvy venture capitalists, clinicians/researchers and industry leaders who will consider pitches from innovators seeking investment for their business or product solution designed to improve pediatric care. Judges will decide how to “invest” sponsored funds and will provide valuable insights to the presenters and audience on accelerating their innovations and bringing them to market. Read about the inaugural Innovation Tank here.
- 2014 Innovation Tank, hosted by Daymond John
- Innovation must advance pediatric health.
- Applicant must ensure there are no known or potential concerns or disputes regarding ownership or intellectual property rights, and must disclose all prior funding.
- Applicant must be able to pitch their innovation live to a panel of judges and the Taking on Tomorrow audience on Monday, November 9, 2015. Finalists will be allotted 6 minutes to pitch their idea, followed by 8 minutes of Q&A with the judges.
Applicant must submit the following:
- Summary of business plan, not to exceed 1,000 words, including:
- Concise description of the innovation, including current stage of development
- Statement of need and potential benefits, including an explanation of how the concept will advance care for pediatric patients
- Explanation of the innovation’s competitive advantage
- Brief development outline describing the intended progression plan with known milestones for deliverables.
- Outline of funding sources secured and needed to advance the innovation
- Description of proprietary rights including any patents filed or issued
- CV, resume or corporate profile for lead innovator(s)
- Signed disclaimer acknowledging that the Innovation Tank is a public competition. Ideas presented in the Innovation Tank may be shared and discussed through media, social media, video, etc.
- Applicant may submit up to three (3) graphics, drawings or videos to assist in the explanation of the innovation
- Applicants may be an individual innovator or team of innovators.
- No specific background or experience is required.
- Applicants must demonstrate an assertion of clear title to and ownership of all rights in the ideas and information submitted
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to move the proposed plan to completion and articulate how the prize money will accelerate the technology’s path to market.
- Finalists must be able to appear in person at the Taking on Tomorrow Global Pediatric Innovation Summit + Awards 2015, on Monday afternoon, November 9, 2015, at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on August 14, 2015.
- After an internal vetting process, Boston Children’s Hospital will select three finalists for the Innovation Tank. Finalists will compete at the Taking on Tomorrow Global Pediatric Innovation Summit + Awards 2015, on Monday afternoon, November 9, 2015, at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston.
- Please note that no feedback will be provided to applicants not selected as finalists. All decisions are final.
Prize money, provided by the Innovation Tank sponsoring company, in the amount of $30,000 will be awarded. Judges will determine the amount awarded to each finalist. Prizes will be announced at the conclusion of the Innovation Tank on Monday afternoon, November 9, 2015, at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston.
Judging Panel to be announced.
June 19, 2015
Application submission process opens
August 14, 2015
Application submission process closes
October 1, 2015
November 9, 2015
Innovation Tank at Taking on Tomorrow
APPLY NOW >>